Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Grumpy and proud of it.

My wife says 'you're never happy unless you're being grumpy'. Over the last meager 57 years of my grumpy life I guess in a way she is right.

But you see being grumpy isn't just getting out of the bed the wrong side one day, or just having a bad day causing one to be a 'grump' but I now realise, it is more a way of life, an attitude, a part of your inner being.

And to make matters worse not only am I a grumpy old man (GOM) but I am a grumpy old Englishman. Supposedly that is the worst kind there is.

And something else I have come to realise is that being a GOM is the only salvation for people like me, and I know I am not alone, in a world of fustrations, political correctness and a world of where the old values are dissapearing faster than my hair...and thats pretty darn quick.

But something that isn't dissapearing is my sense of humour (yes..with a 'our') and that is also another attribute necessary for survival as a grumpy old man or you will end up being as serious as other people really thing you are when you are on a grumpage.

So, never hardly ever having contributed to the internet's infinite chat rooms, blogs and forums in any meaningful way, I have now started this blog to expand my own personal grump empire to those who are lucky enough not to have anything to be grumpy about. And I am going to bloody well enjoy it whether you like it or not.

No comments: