Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'm offended by the easily offended.

Talking of China being offended by my last post...... and the PC that is now part of our lives I have to say that the dear old USA is a mere beginner in the art of being offended. I remember a long time in the UK, I mean the 70's, the Greater London Council, affectionately called the GLC, proclaimed that in government offices, black coffee would be called coffee without milk, an accident black spot would be ' a site with a concentration of treatable accidents' and they banned the general use of the word 'black' as it was considered that 'black' generally was associated with darkness and evil. All this for fear of offending the bla....ni...colou......well, you know who, the people of London, most of whom were Arabs anyway and didn't care as they owned most of London. And that was in the 70's.

Well that's nothing compared to the latest idiocy from the UK about a local council ticking off poor old Mrs. Dorothy Berry because a neighbour complained that the birds in the trees in her garden were just to annoying early in the morning. I liked her response..'When I saw the letter I thought someone was larking about' and the council's reply...'We are aware that this matter has ruffled a few feathers'.

The that fact of the matter is it just shows that PC has become totally out of control and the whole lot need to be effing well shot at dawn.....slowly.....if I can find myself a gun that is....

oh.... P.S. be careful not to go to page three of that link about Mrs Berry......you might be offended, heaven forbid.

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

How timely!
I saw this last night and thought of you. Now you post a similar thought!
(P.S., you know you can borrow one of my guns anytime you want!)